STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO UNLOCK IDEA 3G NETSETTER
1) Download the cdma workshop and download huawei e1732 downgrader ( disable antivirus before opening the cdma workshop ).
2) Insert a non idea sim to your Idea 3G Netsetter (e1732 ).
3) Find the common port to which your Idea 3G Netsetter (e1732 ) modem is connected.
Right click on your My Computer icon > Properties > Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT) > HUAWEI Mobile Connect – 3G Application Interface (COM [The port number appear in your system] )
4) Run CDMA Workshop v2.7.0.exe
5) Select the Port that you noted from your Device Manager under the Port option in COM Settings (AT mode) under the Main tab.
6) Then click on connect and then click on read
7) Go to the Security tab > Type 000000 in the blank box under SPC > Click on SPC button > Click on Send with Default (nv_read) as SPC.
8) Click on Memory tab > NV Items > Read > Now a Conform box will appear > Click OK > Now a NV Items Backup box will appear > In the box straight to Last NV Item type 9999 > Click OK > Save the file by giving a file name you like (Eg: E1732Unlock)
9) When the buffer reach 100% your file is saved successfully. Now a Information box will appear > Click OK > Minimise CDMA Workshop v2.7.0
10) Run E1732 Downgrader8 > accept the agreement > Next > Wait for a few seconds until the search for your modem finishes > (Don’t mark on Auto remove the device after update) Next > (Don’t remove your data card until the process is finished) > Start > At the end of Downloading Programs… you will get a Update Failure! error dialog box (DON’T WORRY & DON’T GET DISAPPOINTED) > Click OK > Click Finish*
11) Restore CDMA Workshop v2.7.0 > Main tab > Disconnect
12) Unplug your Idea 3G Netsetter (e1732 ) modem from your computer.
13) Again Plug it to the Computer. Check the Port again from the Device Manager
14) Go to CDMA Workshop v2.7.08 select the Port that you noted from your Device Manager under the Port option in COM Settings (AT mode) under the Main tab as we did before > Click on Connect > Memory tab > NV Items > Click on Write > A Confirm box will appear > Click OK > Open dialog box will appear > Open the file that you saved before > When the buffer reach 100% a Information dialog box appears with a success message > Click OK > Main tab > Disconnect*
15) Now close CDMA Workshop v2.7.0 > A Confirm dialogue box will appear > Click NO
16) Close everything and Enable your Antivirus
17) That’s it. Your Idea 3G Netsetter (e1732 )is unlocked successfully.
18) Unplug Idea Netsetter (Modem) from your computer.
19) Put a SIM Card other than IDEA to the Netsetter and again Plug it to the Computer.
20) Wait for Idea Netsetter to Start. It will detect the SIM card and enjoy browsing with any other SIM.
To make new mobile apn settings you can download huawei mobile partner
Many people are having problem while connecting to internet with other sim cards now you can connect by any sim card with default IDEA net Setter Dashboard using these steps. If your Modem is detecting sim cards and you are getting errors then try this
Open Control Panel -> Phone and Modem (found directly in control panel or in Printers and other hardware ) –> modem tab –> huawei mobile connect 3g modem (which is present on COM ) –> properties advance –> extra initializing command use given commands below and click OK
In the start menu, type phone and modem — click on itb —> modems –> huawei mobile connect 3g modem –> properties –> change settings –> advance –> extra initialization command –> use given commands below and if it asks for Country and area code then set Country to India and Area Code to 91 and leave other fields blank.
Tata Docomo –
If you have any trouble doing this please comment here
Free Software Supporter!
Tested in Windows XP, Windows Vista SP1 and Windows 7